Friday, May 2, 2008

Recommendations For Your Devotional Reading

This morning, as I was finishing one devotional book (Pierced by the Word) and beginning another (A Godward Life), the thought came to me to share with you what I use for devotional readings - at least what I have been using lately...

So may I recommend to you:

TableTalk, from Ligonier Ministries, a monthly devotional, which includes articles from various influential pastors and theologians, the articles and devotionals all centering around a general theme.

Pierced By The Word: 31 Meditations for Your Soul [John Piper]

A Godward Life: Savoring the Supremacy of God in All of Life (120 Daily Readings) [John Piper]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Daily Devotionals are so personal. It is great to have a list to take with me to the book store. The one on my nightstand at the moment is Trail Thoughts, by Eric Kampmann. Beautifully woven with scripture and nature, it is no coincidence that this book references our spiritual journey with the steps we take along a long and winding path.