Wednesday, May 7, 2008

P.S. Rent This Movie...

I resisted at first.

She wouldn't (and still hasn't) watched "Gladiator" with me.

But she insisted, and I promised. So...

We watched "P.S. I Love You" tonight. I'm a sucker for a sappy romantic comedy. Really, I am. This one, though, is really more of a romantic tragedy. Heartwrenching and heartwarming.

I laughed, and cried, and in the end, it left me smiling.

It gets two thumbs up from me...

Oh - and guys - the main male star? He was King Leonidas in "300". Thus, you can watch "P.S. I Love You" and still keep your man card...

3 comments:

Nana Dianne said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you Happy Birthday. I'm sure you will be the Prince Charming tonight with all your princesses at home waiting for birthday hugs and kisses. Did I forget to add the birthday spankings too! I know Avery can count up that far! :)

The Birds Nest said...

The gladiator thing made me laugh. My husband loves it too, and I have fallen asleep any time I've ever tried to watch it:) I am one of your wife's bloggie friends from South Carolina. I look forward to reading your wisdom. Check out my church's website www.seacoast.org. Our pastor does a blog. I thought you might like to check it out.

Gavin said...

Birds nest: Thanks for the church website link and blog link. I have checked them out. It looks like your pastor and I might have some of the same reading interests. Thanks for stopping by...

Nana D: Thanks for the birthday wishes. Although "Prince Charming" was a bit of a stretch, I did have a good day!